The 4th SAN LUIS OPERA FESTIVAL will take place from July 6 to 20, 2019 and includes the following activities *:
- Participation of the selected students in one or more of the four operatic productions that will be presented either at the Morales Park, the Polyvalent Theater, or the Bicentennial University Cultural Center (CC200), as main, secondary or substitute role, or as a chorus member.
- Opera Traviata G. Verdi (in Italian, complete production with orchestra)
- Opera Hänsel and Gretel E. Humperdick (in German, complete production with orchestra)
- Opera La Medium C. Menotti (in Italian, with piano in an unconventional venue)
- Zarzuela Luisa Fernanda F. Moreno Torroba (Spanish and complete production with orchestra)
- Selections of opera scenes (different languages, THEME: gallant women against naive men, with costumes and piano)
- Participation of selected students according to the organization of recitals (to be decided), held in different venues in the city.
- Intensive studies of vocal technique, style, interpretation, diction, body and stage awareness, and acting. They will be in the format of individual, group and master classes with renowned teachers, coaches and stage directors from the Opera World.
- Participation of selected students according to the needs of each of the recitals that will be held in different venues in the city.
- Intensive studies of vocal technique, style, interpretation, diction, stage awareness and acting in the form of individual, group and master classes with renowned teachers, coachs and stage directors from the world of opera.
* Program subject to change without previous notice.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2019 FESTIVAL
The process of admission and selection to the festival will be through the digital platform located on the website www.operasanluis.com/2019/en/formulario, in which they must enter a YouTube link by way of audition through which they will be selected as students active or auditor and may participate in one or more production or concerts in the following ways:
- The students selected as ACTIVE will have the right to an individual vocal technique class of each one of the assistants, to attend the master classes, to participate in the recitals, concerts or in the operatic productions as main, secondary, substitute or chorus.
- Students selected as AUDITORS must participate in the productions as chorus members (with special classes by a specialized teacher) and may participate in all classes (as auditors, WITHOUT THE RIGHT TO INDIVIDUAL CLASSES), in addition to essays, master classes (as auditors) and in the concerts and recitals of the Festival (as listeners).
Students who intend to obtain a role in one of the productions, must have them learned and MEMORIZED before the beginning of the Festival to be able to perform it successfully , because one of the objectives of the Festival is a performances of the operas with a complete production (complete orchestra, set design, props, lighting and costumes) in the aforementioned spaces. The musical preparation and conducting of the operas Hänsel and Gretel, Traviata and The Medium, will be in charge of Maestro Dr. Linus Lerner and Luisa Fernanda will be in charge of Maestro Alfredo Ibarra.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- Admission to the 4th San Luis Opera Festival 2019 will be through a selection process by filling an online platform located on the site www.operasanluis.com/2019/formulario in which at least one link must be from YouTube and from there they will be selected as an active student or auditor.
- The deadline for submitting applications and documentation is April 30, 2019. The reception of your documentation will be notified by email.
- Those interested should complete the digital format online, with the following information.
- Application for registration: Available on the website: www.operasanluis.com/2019/en/form
- Curriculum (according to online form available on the website)
- YouTube Link (not edited) in which the applicant must demonstrate with one or two arias of their choice, their capacity and enough vocal development to be accepted to the festival. In case of claiming a role for any of the operas presented, the candidate must present an aria representative of the paper they want to audition for.
- LETTERS OF ACCEPTANCE will be sent no later than May 12, 2019.
NOTE: INCOMPLETE applications will not be accepted
OF THE REGISTRATIONS
- The students selected as participants, must confirm their attendance by making the corresponding registration (non-refundable under any circumstances) and sending a scanned copy in PDF of the bank deposit to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for depositing the registration fee will be May 31, 2019. Any participant who does not make the payment on time will not be acepted. The details of the bank account for the deposit will be sent in the ACCEPTANCE LETTER to the Festival.
- Once the deposit is made, no cancellations or refunds will be accepted
- Active participants: prepaid until May 24, $ 5,000.00 MXN (Five thousand Mexican pesos), paying from May 27-31 $ 5,500.00 MXN (Five thousand five hundred Mexican pesos).
- Auditor participants: from May 12 to June 30, $ 2,500.00 MXN (Two thousand five hundred Mexican pesos).
NOTE: The Organizing Committee reserves the right to cancel the participation and / or permanence of any participant in case of incurring in an inappropriate behavior that alters and / or harms the development of the Festival, he/she will be expelled from the festival without any right to refund. Likewise, all participants VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT that it is their responsibility to contract a national or international medical insurance and disclaim the Festival of all civil or criminal liability and its organizers about accidents, terrorism or natural catastrophes that may occur during its programming and events. The choice that the Organizing Committee makes of the students as active or auditors will be final and unappealable. Any matter not foreseen in this call or in the regulation will be solved by the Organizing Committee in an unquestionable way.